Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Secret to Success: Betsy West and Dyllan McGee


Betsy West (left) and Dyllan McGee — producers, Makers (an unprecedented digital video initiative on PBS and AOL)

What's the best piece of advice you have ever received?
BW: "Of all the wisdom I've heard from all the women we interviewed, these words of advice from Ruth Bader Ginsburg have stuck with me, 'Anger is a waste of time.' Despite facing brutal discrimination in her early career when she couldn't get a job, Ginsburg went on to forge a path as the legal architect of the women's movement and the second woman on the Supreme Court."
DM: "One of my favorite pieces of advice from our MAKERS interviews came from Hillary Clinton who said her mom used to say, 'You can't control what happens to you, but can control how you respond to it.'" 

What does success mean to you?
BW: "Success is being able to do the work you love and help support your family."
DM: "Success to me is knowing that you are doing what you are great at." 

What's the one thing you do every day that is critical to your success?
BW: "Talk to my best friend who happens to be my husband."
DM: "Sit down dinners with my family."
Photo: Courtesy of Edelman 
Content: Courtesy of Refinery 29
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment