Saturday, January 26, 2013

Like a Rolling Stone





Greenwich Village

Greenwich Village



Rock n' Rolling Stone

Rock n' Rolling Stone

Rock n' Rolling Stone by swansonl featuring mid heels

I have been finding fashion inspiration from all kinds of sources recently.  My favorite has been music.  I have been a Bob Dylan fan since freshman year of high school.  I've seen him live in concert twice, own countless books about him, and have watched Don't Look Back and No Direction Home dozens of times.  Every time that I see pictures or videos of Dylan, I also think to myself, "Why aren't people documenting his fashion choices as diligently as they are his music choices?"  In my opinion, his choice of music style is undeniably linked to his fashion style.  When he was starting in Greenwich Village in the early 60s, he adopted not only Woody Guthrie's music, but also his sense of style.  He wore a workman's closet in order to identify himself as a folk singer strongly rooted in a voice for the every man.  As he developed artistically, his clothes became more outlandish and reflective of his ventures in London with the Beatles.  He began wearing (my favorite) polka dot shirts and pointed-toe heeled boots.  His jeans with skinny and often with stripes.  Dylan dressed like the ultimate rock god.  Take note. 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment